[OrRando] All this dirty talk

Bill Alsup bill at viscountstudios.com
Fri Nov 2 12:14:27 PDT 2007

I would sign up for (or just ride w/like-minded folks)
a 100K mostly-fireroad brevet-like excursion in a
heartbeat ... a route that wouldn't need suspension,
but could possibly benefit from small-knobbied tires.

I did such a ride (94K) on my own 4 months ago out of
Ritter Springs. Lotsa hills and gorgeous views from
the dirt road along the North Fork of the John Day
River. A few miles of the ride (Hwy 395) were paved.
It took most of the day, but was quite memorable.

I admit to liking gravel less than dirt, but I love
not turning around when the pavement dissapears.

~ Bill