[OrRando] hydration packs

Jim Bronson jim.bronson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:44:30 PDT 2007

After reading this whole thread, my reaction is, don't you guys use
the Polar insulated bottles up there?  Down here in Texas I use 3x of
them and make sure to stuff them with ice at the controls (which are
normally convenience stores)

I have a Mule and I can't stand it for anything over 200K.   It kills
my back. I find it's better for mountain biking.

That being said, I just acquired one of these:
http://www.topeak.com/2007/products/bags/mtxtrunkbagdxp.php

So maybe I'll just throw the Mule in there and rig up some kind of
extension for the water pipe.

On 6/15/07, nate armbrust <natearm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for hydration pack recommendations from those who use them. I
> really dislike anything on my back, but after the heat of the Cascade 1200
> last year, I'd like to be better prepared for the PDX to Glacier 1000k in a
> few weeks.
>
> I'm looking for large capacity (probably 100oz) and some insulation so that
> I don't have to drink 105 degree water.
>
> Anybody have any favorites?
>

> Thanks,
> Nate

I am riding the MS150 bicycle rally from Houston to Austin on April 21
and 22, 2007.  164 miles by bicycle!  Will you join me and make a
pledge to support multiple sclerosis research? Donate online at my
link: http://ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=182433