[OrRando] A Regional Pin Design??

joel metz magpie at blackbirdsf.org
Sun Jan 21 13:04:20 PST 2007

wow - some nice pins there - though my own aesthetically-backwards
sensibilities prefer the more "retro" examples to the more "modern"...

1985: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/Resources/pins/p85_200b.JPG
1989: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/Resources/pins/p89_200b.JPG
1992: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/Resources/pins/p92_200b.JPG
1993: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/Resources/pins/p93_200b.JPG
1995: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/Resources/pins/p95_200b.JPG

of course, most of those still have my distaste for stylized cyclists
to contend with :) though as long as we dont use that blasted 1970s
stick figure cyclist that rusa uses (its my mortal enemy :) ), ill
live :)

im a sucker for rando pins from the 1950s or thereabouts - and design
issues are part of the reason i havent bothered ordering acp/rusa
pins since the ones i got in 2003, simply because i found them clunky
and unattractive... i have an allergy to non-computer-related things
that blatantly reek of being designed on computers :)

but im a picky bastard :) id be thrilled to death if we could manage
something as cool as the raid pyreneen logo:

http://www.ccb-cyclo.fr/resources/_wsb_188x162_Raid+710.jpg

but im all for a local pin series, regardless of whether or not it
complies with my own design aesthetics :)

-joel

--
joel metz  : magpie at blackbirdsf.org :  http://www.blackbirdsf.org/
bike messengers worldwide : ifbma : http://www.messengers.org/