[OrRando] Spring Hill south of Laughlin Rd is closed

Paul G. Rozelle prozelle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 11:42:48 PST 2007

I was through there yesterday (12/23) on the Woodburn 150K permanent.
The bridge is indeed closed and has seen much better days, but it is
very easy to navagate around the concrete barricades and safely cross
what's left of the bridge to the other side (which is very auto-free
and made for some lovely riding!).

I'm no civil engineer, but it looks like this bridge might be in the
"replacement" category rather than something that just needs some
patching up.  If that's the case, then likely at some point it'll be
totally out, which will require the detour.

Paul

Jim, That may be the case but I have negotiated several washouts already
this year and many in the past.

Just because the road is closed to autos doesn't mean you can't get through.
Also, the "other side" is usually more auto free.