[OrRando] Waterproof gloves - still looking, plus bonus shoe review

Andrew P. Black apblack at ownmail.net
Fri Dec 21 00:41:55 PST 2007

On 15 Dec 2007, at 18:34, Lynne Fitzsimmons wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Specialized Sub Zero or Radiant gloves?  I'm
> looking for warm AND waterproof.  Or exceptionally water
> resistant.  I've got the Mountain Hardwear Conduit over-gloves, and
> they give it up after a couple of hours of heavy rain.  The Serius
> gloves aren't all that wonderful either, for all that they claim to
> be weather proof.  Cecil has watched me wring them out a few times.

Based on this discussion, I bought a pair of the Specialized Radiant
gloves yesterday.  I wore them today.

I didn't get to test the waterproof qualities, because it didn't rain
today (hooray).   But it was quite cold.

On the way to work, the temperature was in the lower 40s.  The gloves
were not too warm, but they weren't cold or clammy either.  On the
way home, it was in the mid 30s.  My hands were COLD.

I think that they are going back.

I bought last year's model which was on sale.  It does have a pocket
on the back for a chemical hand warmer.  I don't think that this
year's model has this pocket.  maybe the thinking is that with the
warmer pocket, you don't need so much insulation?

	Andrew