[OrRando] Waterproof gloves - still looking, plus bonus shoe review

chris mccraw (fool) gently at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 00:20:29 PST 2007

On 12/15/07, Lynne Fitzsimmons <fitzbase at comcast.net> wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Specialized Sub Zero or Radiant gloves?  I'm looking
> for warm AND waterproof.  Or exceptionally water resistant.  I've got the
> Mountain Hardwear Conduit over-gloves, and they give it up after a couple of
> hours of heavy rain.  The Serius gloves aren't all that wonderful either,
> for all that they claim to be weather proof.  Cecil has watched me wring
> them out a few times.

the sub zeros are sadly not very good at staying waterproof.  mine
failed within the first 5 uses (the waterproof covering separated at
the seams).  i still use them because i'm a cheap bastard, and they do
a pretty good job of keeping me warm even when wet, but they do not
keep me dry.  so, same scene with the having to wring them out after a
rain.  i am still hunting for something that works better than my ski
gloves (which are incredibly unwieldy) but have not found it yet.