[OrRando] Another Epic PBP in the Book

Joel Metz magpie at blackbirdsf.org
Tue Aug 28 13:31:35 PDT 2007

the weather in brest was great for me as well - and i got there a few
hours later, after seeing michael on the way out as i was headed in...
completely forgot about that vicious climb up to the control in brest.
ugh.

as i mentioned, i rode 30 minutes slower than in 2003, but felt better,
and less tired, the entire time, despite getting 30 mins less sleep, and
in more, but smaller stretches. i think it was mostly attributable to
*when* i slept rather than how much.

20 hours of rain, they say, and some 1550 abandons - a record for pbp...

ill have a fuller story up soon as well - i head home from paris tomorrow
morning, and ill fit in time to get pics and writing up as soon as i
can...

-joel