[OrRando] China First Brevet

Jkeenan(Yahoo Account) jkeenan0407 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 17:28:56 PDT 2007

Will do a ride report for randon group and other international randonneur sites after I travel from Shanghai, but the first ever brevet in China went quite well in spite of a couple of riders getting lost, found, lost and found.   Hoping to find an OR brevet from when I'm back in the states in June and July.  Have the jersey....need to do the ride!!!

Results of the historic first Brevet in China.   (Nationality shown.. apologize for not getting everyone's home country prior to this initial report) Mostly work conflicts prevent many of the other signees from the ride.   Other than Adrian Hands and myself, this was the first brevet for the other riders.

Brooks, Loran  DNS

Burke, Damian  Australia  10:06

Cui, Xianshi  China   11:50

Hands, Adrian USA 11:42  (Wins award for greatest distance travled to a China brevet.  From Raleigh, North Carolina USA to Shanghai, China, a distance of 12,292 kms.)

Hitoshi, Yonai Japan DNS

Holmes, Graeme DNS

Kearsley-Pratt, Bernard Australia 10:06

Keenan, Joseph USA 10:25