[OrRando] Davis 12/24 results

Del Scharffenberg dels at intersoftsystems.com
Wed Apr 11 12:12:23 PDT 2007

We had a good Oregon representation at the Davis 12 & 24 hour
time trial last weekend: Del, John Henry, Mark, Sandy, Greg
and the 4-man Sisters team.  They used a new and improved
route, which was hillier than expected.  Friday was quite a hot
drive down the Sacramento valley, but Saturday was rather cool.
I did ride in short sleeves for the first time this year, but never
took off my arm warmers.  It seemed we always had headwinds,
erasing my 200-mile goal.  Instead, after flatting in the last hour,
I settled on 300 km, stopping with 10 or 15 minutes left on the
clock.  I did break Dick's 60+ record by a few miles, but now
they say all records will be relisted anyway due to the new
course.  That's too bad for Sandy, who had superb marks from
previous years in both the 12 and 24 women's records.

-- Del