[OrRando] Birkie...

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Wed Apr 4 09:34:37 PDT 2007

Hi All,
The Birkie Brevet was a huge success. First I want to acknowledge the hard work and preperation of the ride organizer, Marcello Napolatino. It is wonderful to have club members stepping up and volunteering to organize these rides. Also, I did not do the baking this time. Those luscious cookies and brownies came from the kitchen of Kathy Napolatino.
Our volunteers for this ride were:
Marcello Napolatino - Ride Organizer
Kathy Napolatino - Catering & Control Worker
Cathy Smith - Control Worker
Barbara Ogilvie - Control Worker
& yours truly.
(Note: I didn't need to be part of the volunteer group but I simply was not in the mood to ride!)

74 Starters (including 1 preride), 74 Finishers... an increase of 50% over last year. Yes, I did a big Yahoo at the end as I always love 100% finish rates on our events.

Results are posted on the website. Final results will be submitted to RUSA after all new RUSA numbers have been assigned to our new members. If something is mistyped, let me know as this is a huge number of riders for us to process. See you in two weeks.