[OrRando] new bicycle recommendations

r landon rraalan at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 20:09:42 PDT 2006

Hello,

  I am shopping for a bike that would be appropriate for ultradistance cycling.  I looked at a Scott Contessa CR1 which is a carbon fiber frame, 10 speed with a triple crank.  What other options would you recommend for a woman specific bike?  What are the pros and cons of carbon fiber vs. titanium vs. aluminum with carbon seatstay and fork?  What bike shops in the Portland area cater to long distance cyclists?

  Thank you!

  Rachel