[OrRando] woodburn heartburn...

joel metz magpie at blackbirdsf.org
Mon Mar 20 07:05:51 PST 2006

a pity i didnt really get to meet most of you, thanks to our little
groups late arrival due to insistance on getting ourselves to ride
starts by bike or public transit whenever we can :)

nevertheless, a fantastic ride - im sure everyone will join me in
praising the stellar weather - nice and sunny, just enough to warm
you, but cool temps and little to no wind... a fine, fine course
indeed, as well - my camera crapped out early on in the ride, so i
dont have any pics of my own, but tony (one of our group of three)
was taking pictures like a madman, so hell probably have a page up
sooner or later. lots of pastoral landscape shots, i am certain.

this was a threshing out ride for both me and my bike - i hadnt done
any rides of any distance since my last 200k in march of last year
down in sf, and it was the first real ride for my "new" bike. i
survived well (though realizing my current lousy condition) and the
bike only rattled loose a nut from a fender eyebolt. not bad, if you
ask me.

to anyone who didnt stop in woodburn for mexican food, we may HIGHLY
recommend medozas, just to your left as you cross the tracks heading
back out of woodburn. *excellent* tacos, the best ive had since
moving to oregon.

anyhow, ill be writing up a bigger report probably this evening, and
posting that at my rando pages at
http://www.blackbirdsf.org/randonneuring/ - hopefully with a link to
tonys pics soon.

again, a pleasure to meet those of you i did, and the rest, ill catch
you at the april 1st 200k.

cheers

-joel

--