[OrRando] About those jerseys:

paul johnson pjinoly at msn.com
Thu Mar 16 20:29:10 PST 2006

Hey there:
If I'm the "12th man" will you all cheer a little louder?  I'm pretty
interested in an Or Rando jersey, have been directed to the discussion that
has taken place, and have perused the producers site.

I'll state my preference and rationale and hope that I some how get clued in
at jersey order time so I can be included in the order.

I'd like a shop cut jersey in red, embroidered short sleeve size XXL please.

All colors have there merits and de-merits:

Black IS snappy looking, plus darker colors help big guys like me look,
well, not quite so big.  And of course black hides chainring tattoos pretty
well.  But it really does not stand out in a crowd, and if you were going to
ride in an event with friends, a really big event, say, something in France,
with thousands of riders, it is enormously useful to have something that
stands
out if you want to spot your friend up ahead or at the next control.

Red stands out. But of course it shows chain grease pretty well too.

Blue, as we all know is the universal color and as for standing out, it's
like a blue swimming suit, plus the added disadvantage that it shows grease.

I'm into retro, but have never been a fan of those burnt umber Arcore Merckx
jerseys.

To be honest when I heard about this I was imagining that green that you
have for your club logo, forest green and, dare I say Yellow? (don't want to
incite civil war here) boy that would have been the ultimate jersey, but I
understand that is not one of the stock color options.

Flocking is pretty cool, but seems that it occasionally does not out last
the jersey, and super gluing your flocking back on is not for me.

Well that's my thoughts and my preference.

Your pal to the north, Paul Johnson