[OrRando] Permanent Populairs vs. Scheduled Populairs

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Fri Jan 20 10:07:28 PST 2006

We cannot prevent anyone from riding on public roads. But as the organizer I
won't hand someone a cuesheet or card who is not signed up. That is a
liability issue. This events are not like club events where everyone is
welcome member or not.

There is this ACP rule that riders may only ride with other riders
registered for the event. So technically riders signed up for permanents
cannot ride with (as in pace behind) other cyclist not signed up. This rule
goes back to preventing "pacers" on events such as PBP. It gets to be
interesting when your rando event mixes in with something like STP where the
road is filled with riders you are not suppose to be riding with. I think
understanding the reason for the rule gives you an idea what is ok and not
ok. If you come across a rider or group of riders I can see no reason not to
chat with them. If you join a paceline of unregistered riders... you're
breaking the rules.

Susan.