[OrRando] Klickitat Explorer 400k

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:48:04 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to participate in the Klickitat Explorer 400.  Unfortunately, my
usual riding buddy has other plans, and I am carless.  I'm pretty gung ho
about riding to rides, but I'm in Portland, and riding to and from Hood
River before and after a 400 seems a bit much.  I'm core, but not that
core.  Would anyone have some extra room on in their car and on their bike
rack for me and my ride?  I ride a short wheelbase recumbent, which is
unusual, but shouldn't represent a problem for most roof or cradle racks.
Here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49813305@N00/215170087/in/set-72157594236803006/

I'll be happy to pitch in for gas, of course.  Also, I'm pretty speedy on
the course, so it's unlikely you'll have to wait long for me in the event
you finish the brevet before I do.  (I've done 4 events so far, and I'm good
for roughly 25k/hour average over long distances.)

Thanks so much!  I hope to see you on the road.

-Michael

The Long Haul -- escapevelocipede.blogspot.com