[OrRando] Weekend Plans

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Wed Apr 26 12:49:55 PDT 2006

Folks have various plans for the weekend. You might want to hook up with one
of them.

Barbara Larrain missed 3 capes due to travel out of town. So she's planning
to ride the 3 capes perm this weekend with an early start, 5:30.

Bert in riding Newberg-Newport and a bit undecided after that.  Maybe
Eugene, then return. If you want to ride to Newport you can always ride back
to Newberg the following day on a differnt perm route.

David Rowe needs to ride a 200k perm on Saturday, mentioned Mt St. Helens,
Clatskanie... last resort one of flattish ones out of Newberg (2 ferries,
wetland & prairies, or Willamette Ferries) Here's a report on FR 83 part of
UPA perm:
" 83 Lahar/Lava Canyon
Paved - Two Lanes 04/18/2006:   Road is gated beyond the Marble Sno-Park.
Fruit Growers will be logging and hauling on the 83 road between Cougar SP
and Marble starting in about 2 weeks. They will be hauling for a couple
months."

What this means is that you'll probably have to go around the gate beyond
the Sno-Park... usually it's only closed to motorized traffic so you have
the road to yourself. It also means that this next 2 weeks is the best time
to ride until July when the logging/hauling is over. I haven't often seen
hauling on weekends but who knows.

Me, I checked the "cost" of a trip to Wenatchee to ride a populaire on
Monday.  Pretty steep for me, so I'll be getting some other stuff done
around here that needs doing. I'll be scouting the south end of the 400k
from the Albany to Springfield area.