[OrRando] No one can laugh

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sat Apr 15 12:12:40 PDT 2006

I was inspired by Kent's posting today... the rainlegs. I had an old pair of
gortex cycling rainpants I used to climb Mt Hood years ago... I glissaded
down in them...so I destroyed the seat.  But I kept them thinking I'd
recycle them somehow... So today they got hacked up... cut off below the
knees... the cuffs always ended up in my chain anyways... off came the back
side, it was destroyed and I never thought I needed anything covering my
backside anyways as I have a rain coat and fenders that do that.. Left just
the front and enough of the sides.  Then I hacked up some old knickers I'd
been figuring I could recycle someday into something, the leg was sew in as
the back of my rainthings... pieces of elastic just didn't seem like enough
I wanted more of a wide band. A wide piece of elastic sewn in as a temporary
waistband until I figure out what I'd rather do...

Now, hop in emm.. pretty comfortable... because there is nothing in the
backside to constrict... nothing to get caught in the chain, can easily slip
over my sandals. I sit down, everything that always gets really wet is
covered..

Fashion statement... Not! Especially in yellow.

Looks like a chance to try em out tonight.

Cheers,