[OrRando] joels 200k "report" now up, with pictures...

Bert Lutz bert_lutz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:45:25 PDT 2006

As I left Vernonia following 47 to Tophill, I was flagged down by a nice
woman who wondered why all the bikers were not riding the bike path.  Seems
the "locals" (her word not mine) are proud of the path and can't understand
why the "non-locals" (my word not hers) don't use it.  I explained that some
roadies shy away from paths due to other traffic like hikers, runners, etc
and debris that often litters these trails.  Skinny road tires and paths
sometimes don't mix.  She seemed happy with the explanation and said that
she would pass it along to others.  A local mystery solved...

We also talked about traffic on 47 and she did not seem the least irritated
that bikers might slow down local traffic.

Nice woman and a reasonable conversation.  Not unlike others I had during my
last trip to Veronica on New Years Eve.  But that is another story...