[ORRando] Kings Valley 600 June 8-9

Susan France susan.m.france at gmail.com
Sun May 26 19:45:45 PDT 2019

Hi folks,
The road on Day one of this route is completely closed to all traffic
including pedistrians and cyclist during the weekend on June 8... this is
according to the project manager assigned to this project.  As a result, we
are rerouting day 1 by reversing the route and using portions of an
existing 1000k route and permanents that I own.  From Grand Ronde you
continue on Hwy 18 to Lincoln City.  Instead to riding the Siletz Hwy
you'll continue on the coast bicycle route to Newport.. This includes one
of my favorite sections of the coast, Otter Creek loop.  From Newport you
ride along the Yaquina Bay to Toledo, another of my favorite roads. From
there it is a straight shot to Siletz and return to the reverse of the
original route.  The mileage is spot on so no adjustments to Day 2.

You can review the preliminary replacement route in RideWithGPS. Cuesheet
should be finalized several days before the ride (after a preride).

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30039657

Please be sure to preregister if you plan to ride this brevet as I will
communicate with registered riders of any last minute changes if there are
any.

Cheers,