[ORRando] Santiam-McKenzie 400

Susan France susan.m.france at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:44:18 PDT 2019

The cuesheet is updated from last Friday’s preride.  GPS should match.
Hwy 242 up to Dee Wright observatory opened to all traffic this morning at 8am so you won’t have that stretch of road free from automobiles.  Knowing the day ODOT clears the road for cyclists and then opens the road to autos is always a guessing game….
Of note… Marion Falls restaurant is closed so we will have a staffed control there. If you want to put some food in the van at the start we can transport those first 73 miles however we will not be returning to the finish so we cannot transport gear, clothing, bikes, riders or Tupperware to the finish. Plan accordingly. The fish hatchery in Marion Forks has toilets and we will have water.
Weather looks good for Saturday. This route has been done in Aug and it can be brutal in the heat, hence all the suggested water stops.
Full moon is today so you should have some moonlight to ride under on Saturday, and daylight is at the max.
You will be able to use photo controls on this brevet if you choose. Instructions given at the start.

Preregistration closes Weds at midnight.

Susan.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10