[ORRando] Coast 200k results/2017 calendar

Susan France susan.m.france at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:11:52 PDT 2016

Last weekend's brevet results are submitted. The weather was ideal. And I
enjoyed a weekend of triking with close to 100 other trikes. What great fun.

Next up is Bikenfest. An event that John Kramer started in 2006. Herr
Kramer has all the information on his blog and we have a link on the main
website to get there. The route this year is Camp Baldwin. I have fond
memories of preriding this route in horrific headwinds along Camp Baldwin
Rd. I tried to DNF but there were no vehicles on this road so I had no
option but to finish...with only a few minutes to spare. It's a great route
really.

The preliminary 2017 calendar is on the website. It is very similar to this
years except for a few swapsies here and there as SIR changed some of their
dates. I try not to run our main series on the same dates as their main
series. It may fail on the 600 but I'm also considering an additional 600
on Memorial weekend for those riders that do want to ride a series in each
region.  I've moved the June 1000 to mid June.  This will probably be
Glacier and it may need to start on a Wednesday. It is difficult to get
rooms in Kellogg/Wallace on the weekends. A 400k is added for the first
weekend in June. This is tentatively planned to be one of the McKenzie Pass
routes... the road will probably be open only to cyclists on that date. Not
that it is all that busy with autos any other time.

http://www.orrandonneurs.org/brevets/2017_brevets.html

We will continue with the monthly 200s.

Cheers,