[ORRando] Fwd: Opportunity to Ride 1200k

Scott Peterson scott_peterson54 at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:43:59 PDT 2016

I'd ride it again in a heartbeat!
Scott Peterson

      From: Susan France <susan.m.france at gmail.com>
 To: ORRando <orrando at orrandonneurs.org>
 Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 4:58 PM
 Subject: [ORRando] Fwd: Opportunity to Ride 1200k

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 10:41:56 AM UTC-7, Ron Himschoot wrote:
I was visiting with Deirdre Arscott over the weekend.  She is the 8 time PBP finisher from Vancouver who is also leading the organization of the Rocky Mountain 1200k this summer.  She tells me that unlike many other 1200k's being held this year, they still have openings for a dozen qualified riders.

If anybody is thinking about riding a 1200k this year, I can highly recommend this one.  It's a world class event and already has riders from 10 different countries registered.  The route is as challenging as any around with climbs over 5 major passes in the Canadian Rockies.  The scenery is stunning, especially the Icefields Parkway past the Columbia Icefields.  You may want to see those glaciers before they melt.  I once saw the Northern Lights while climbing over Yellowhead Pass.  The food and services at the controls are outstanding with support provided by experienced randonneurs who understand what you are doing.  The BC Randonneurs have run the event since 1996, so they know what they are doing.

If you have ever wanted to ride this Grand Randonee, now is the time.  The event wont be held again until the year 2020.  The Canadian Dollar is so low I call it Metric Money.  The US Dollar buys about 20 percent more in Canada right now.  You can check out the ride at http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/ rockymountain1200/.

-Ron Himschoot