[ORRando] Crater Lake 1000 return berth

G Ross ssormaharg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:11:47 PDT 2016

Hi Oregon Randos,

Are you thinking of doing SIR's Crater Lake 1000k?
My wife Sharon is going to be hauling me to Portland from the finish in
Klamath Falls.
We have room for one more rider+bike.
If you are interested email me.

We'll leave K Falls Tuesday as soon as whatever breakfast thing is over,
and definitely in time to get our other passenger onto the 18:50 Cascades
train for Seattle.

Details are hard to find, owing to a website outage. The basic outline is:

 - Start Friday 23 Sept 23:30 Bremerton, WA. Fwiw, my plan for the start
involves Amtrak and the 21:05 ferry from Seattle to Bremerton.
 - Exact route is tbd, but generally similar to 2014. Here are the three
"days" of the 2014 route:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15444693
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15444695
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15444696
 - If it is like 2014, there will be relatively few timed controls beyond
the overnight controls.
 - There will be drop bag support and overnight accommodations (SIR
standard "half a bed", I assume) at Pacific City and Roseburg.
 - Finish in Klamath Falls, OR. Assuming 75 hours, the finish control
closes at 0230 Tuesday morning.

Graham Ross