[ORRando] Monuments to Bicyclists

Del Scharffenberg dels at intersoftsystems.com
Fri Oct 30 16:32:48 PDT 2015

I don't know if you guys heard about this art project last weekend.  I rode my 30-year-old red Paramount down to Portland Art Museum to climb up on a pedestal for this project.

I am somewhat disappointed with the photo he selected.  There were several other pictures of me that I thought were better, but I think they wanted to see a rider drinking from a water bottle.  He specifically asked me to do that pose.  Also the original pictures are in color.  Anyway, it was good to help out in any way with this cool project.  About 4 dozen riders participated.

Here is a direct link to my statue: https://www.flickr.com/photos/monument4bicyclists/22406907050