[ORRando] verboort preregisration

Sam Huffman shuffman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:34:34 PST 2015

Di2 is fine for long distance riding. Shifts are easier, quicker, and more
precise than mechanical and tend to drift less over time. After installing
Di2 on my rando bike a year ago I haven't had to adjust derailleurs once.

That said, it's not a huge difference. Well tuned mechanical is also pretty
fantastic, far easier to fix on the road with just a multi-tool, and less
prone to batteries running out of juice.

In my opinion the only /real/ benefit of Di2 is the ability to put shifters
on aero-bars. If, like me, you have issues that make aero-bars a necessity
it is very nice to be able to shift without having to change positions
frequently.