[ORRando] Glacier 1000k

Jim cobrapatrol at verizon.net
Sun Jun 28 16:17:13 PDT 2015

Congratulations to all for even attempting this brevet.  I am sorry that there were no finishers but I certainly understand why!  The sun and temperatures were brutal in the southeast Washington state.  After passing Lyle I remember passing a sign saying “No gas for 83 miles” – should have said “No shade for 83 miles.”  After seeing Greg and abandoning officially at the bottom of Plymouth Rd my wife, Ann, rescued me and we stayed the night in Connell.  I ended up riding the Coeur d’Alene trail from Plummer and the Dobson/Thompson Pass segment before reaching Whitefish.  So at least I got to enjoy the natural splendor along the way and get some of the best riding segments.  No doubt, the dilettante way of doing it but still, it’s a vacation.

Thanks to Greg, Heidi, Susan, and all those who helped put on this truly epic ride.

Jim Harris, RUSA 5768
Quartz Hill, CA