[ORRando] Glacier Results....

Susan France susan.m.france at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:48:11 PDT 2015

it was HOT...
a first for ORR...

RBA Susan France Organizing Club Oregon Randonneurs / 937020 Region OR:
Portland Date of Event 2015/06/26 Event Type ACPB Event Distance 1000
Starters 11 Finishers 0 DNFs 11

Thank you very much to the riders and helpers on this event. The heat would
not relent and ... it's not just about water.  There were a total of 5-6
vehicles (neutral and personal) supplying water/ice for these riders at and
between controls. Nine riders threw in the towel yesterday the last two
made it to Colfax today. They calculated they needed 80 hrs to finish. All
riders are to be commended for their smart choices. No transports to ERs,
no "mysterious" deflation of tires to convince a "pale" rider to not to
ride.

The Mullets are continuing on to Whitefish in tour mode sleeping during the
heat of the day and riding at night and early mornings.

Thank you Greg Olson and Heidi Perry and the other rider helpers.

Our next cooker is July 4, a 200k. A rider reminded me that it was hot both
times we previously ran this route.

Cheers,