[ORRando] Interested in DRR 300 and 400 transportation and lodging

G Ross ssormaharg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:09:40 PDT 2014

Hi Portland area randos,

I'm signed up for the April 5th Desert Rivers Randonneurs 300km ACP brevet,
and I plan to also do the DRR 400 on April 26th. I'm interested in partners
for getting there and back (by car) and in staying both nights both
weekends.

I would be glad to share a two-queen room with someone. Super-8 looks like
a reasonable option and close to the ride start (same location for both
rides, I think).
I have a car we can use to get there and back on the April 25-27 weekend.
For the April 4-6 weekend I don't. I'm hoping you can provide that, though
it isn't essential.
Amtrak Empire Builder requires boxing your bike. But if that's ok, it looks
halfway decent eastbound. But the return leg is laughable, because the
train starts in Chicago and by the time it dodges oil trains through North
Dakota and finally gets to Pasco it's ten hours late. Which you might be
glad for after a long Saturday ride because if it's on time it departs at
5:30 a.m. Sunday! You'll have a pretty good idea of how late it is on
Saturday evening.

If interested please get back to me soon. I'd like to get it sorted out.

Thanks,

Graham Ross