[ORRando] The Spine

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 10:01:41 PST 2013

Alas, there's no tourist provision for riding RUSA permanents for credit,
and the route is not quite climbing-dense enough to make it a SR 600 (which
can be ridden as a tourist.)  However, if you just want to go out and ride
it for no "credit" (if you do this ride at any pace, I'll give you plenty
of credit) over the course of a week (say), I'll be happy to give you the
cue sheet.

I did try to get this route to work out as an SR 600 (by, say, starting in
Estacada, routing it over Santiam and McKenzie Passes, and finishing up at
Crater Lake), but I still couldn't get the mileage and elevation to quite
work out.  It just goes to show how challenging the criteria for that
format are.

I am submitting it as a reversable route, so you can start at either end.
Gluttons for punishment can do it as an out-and-back.

-Michael