[ORRando] Don't Miss the Upcoming Colorado Last Chance 1200

Ken Bonner kenbonner at telus.net
Tue Jul 31 11:24:18 PDT 2012

Hi!

Still crying in the rain because of your RM dnf?    Or, having successfully
completed the RM 1200, you are now on a RM 'High' and want to continue that
good feeling?

Check out the Colorado Last Chance 1200 . there are still rider
opportunities for this classic rangeland brevet from the foot of the
Colorado Rocky Mountains in Boulder (Louisville, actually) out into the
Great American Desert to Kensington Post Office in Kansas'; and, return.  BC
Randonneur, Guido Van Duyn plans to return and BC Randonneur Gary Sparks is
also signed up.   This is also SIR & BC Randonneur, Ron Himschoot country .
for a price, I am sure he would be willing to advise you on how to enjoy and
successfully complete this classic brevet in the land of his ill-spent
youthJ

After the now moribund Boston-Montreal-Boston 1200, Last Chance is one of my
favourite low-key 1200k brevets.   In my mind, it travels the friendliest
highway in the U.S.A.

Click here for information on the 2012 version and to read riders' stories
about earlier versions.

http://www.rmccrides.com/lastchance.htm

Oh, almost forgot . it is a bargain compared to the RM 1200 - only US$195!

Denver International Airport is not far away from the start.  Boulder, a
university town, is only about 10-12 km. away.

Hope to see you there!   ..    Ken

Ken Bonner (RUSA #894; UMCA #1698; CKAP #1255; BC Randonneur #219; GVCC #34)

2609 Orchard Avenue

Victoria, British Columbia

V8S 3B2

CANADA