[ORRando] FW: Thrown Tacks - Old Germantown Road

Susan Otcenas susan at teamestrogen.com
Thu Jul 26 14:20:54 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: obra-bounces at list.obra.org [mailto:obra-bounces at list.obra.org] On
Behalf Of Keith
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:01 PM
To: obra at list.obra.org
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Thrown Tacks - Old Germantown Road

I am trying to get the word out about tacks that are strewn all about on
Old German Road - I was on a ride last Friday 7/20 evening, about 5:30
pm, and about 0.5 miles up Germantown road from Kaiser Road - heading
east up to Skyline, and a blue/dark gray Toyota Tacoma pickup truck with
a matching shell (I could not get the plate #) threw a large handful of
white-topped brass tacks out the passenger window, right at my wheels -
absolutely crazy - luckily I did not flat.

I noticed another spot on the way up the hill where tacks were present,
then on the way down Old Germantown Road, several other spots with tacks
- usually right on a corner, and at the bottom of the hill , where it
meets 30, there were a lot of tacks there too.

Just terrible - and pretty dangerous for riders going down these
hills... Please spread the word as you see fit -