No subject

Thu Jan 26 19:07:48 PST 2012

country roads.

The traffic circles on Verboort Rd. are easily negotiated but will =
probably be busy on sausage day
as will be the short section from Martin Rd. to Visitation where you =
loose the shoulder.

We got pretty wet but weather looks good for Saturday.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CDB76D.F93523A0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV>This year the ride starts in Verboort where there will be =
designated=20
parking</DIV>
<DIV>but it was a school day when Ken and I rode and there was no room =
for us so=20
we</DIV>
<DIV>had to start from the old same place in Forest Grove.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To start,&nbsp; Porter road is pretty straight forward into Forest =
Grove.=20
Pacific Ave.</DIV>
<DIV>out of town can be slow if you don=E2=80=99t hit the lights but =
there is enough=20
room to</DIV>
<DIV>share with cars.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As we left town the bike lane was covered with leaves which were =
clogging=20
the drains</DIV>
<DIV>and&nbsp; forced us to ride in the lane. It wasn=E2=80=99t a =
problem as there=20
wasn=E2=80=99t much traffic.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gales Creek Hwy. doesn=E2=80=99t have much shoulder but not much =
traffic=20
either.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We had Timber Rd. to ourselves and made the short steep climb in a =
drizzly=20
rain.</DIV>
<DIV>Near the summit the pavement is still&nbsp; trying to crumble into =
the=20
canyon which at climbing speed</DIV>
<DIV>it isn=E2=80=99t a problem but watch out for cracks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Snaky descent into Timber, a little climb out and another nice =
descent to=20
Hwy 26.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From Hwy 26 to Vernonia&nbsp; on a quiet road along the Nehalem =
River we=20
rolled along</DIV>
<DIV>and noticed that the rain had let up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At Hwy 47 we opted to get on the bike trail and avoid the spray =
from the=20
log trucks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We hit the Black Bear Caf=C3=A9 for coffee but if you are in a =
hurry there is a=20
Thriftway on Adams</DIV>
<DIV>or an ATM on Bridge St.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Banks-Vernonia Linear Trail was in NW Fall show mode. There =
were,=20
however, places where</DIV>
<DIV>the leaves are thick and heavy totally covering the path. We =
didn=E2=80=99t have=20
any trouble since</DIV>
<DIV>we both run wide 650b=E2=80=99s but be cautious if you are on =
skinnies.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From the end of the trail until Cornelius-Scheflin it=E2=80=99s =
nice country=20
roads.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The traffic circles on Verboort Rd. are easily negotiated but will =
probably=20
be busy on sausage day</DIV>
<DIV>as will be the short section from Martin Rd. to Visitation where =
you loose=20
the shoulder.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We got pretty wet but weather looks good for Saturday.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CDB76D.F93523A0--