[ORRando] Modern Front rack sit on top bag.

Andrew P. Black apblack at ownmail.net
Thu Apr 21 07:10:42 PDT 2011

I would recommend the Arkel front bag.  It is indeed bombproof.  I does not require a retro-looking front rack; instead it attaches to the bars.  However, since you seem to be looking for functionality, this may not be a problem for you.

The Arkel brackets are beautifully made.  I've toured with them for 5 years now, ever since a "klickfix" bracket let me down on th end-to-end.  The top pocket on the "small" is plenty big enough for a cue sheet.

http://www.arkel-od.com/us/all-categories/handlebar-bag.html

Arkel will also, if you ask nicely, sell you extra brackets for attachment to your own existing bag.  At least, they did me.

    Andrew