[ORRando] PBP Google SIte for US Riders....

Mark Thomas mark at muthomas.net
Wed Apr 6 19:11:52 PDT 2011

Here's an alternate scenario, which assumes that the percentage of eligible riders pre-registering is lower at each lower distance. My thought echoes your idea - that those riders seeking to maximize their chances to participate in PBP 2011 often pushed hard to get in a longer brevet in 2010.

1000+: 	326 (eligible) x 60% take rate = 196 spaces
600:	416 x 50% = 208
400:	238 x 40% = 95
300 :	271 x 33% = 90
200:	471 x 20% = 84

Under that scenario, there would still be > 40 spaces left after the preregistration process is complete. Of course we'll know more as we go through the preregistration tiers, but there is at least some modest cause for optimism that most riders wanting to go to PBP will have a shot at it.

Also recall that some spaces will inevitably free up as some pre-registered riders do not complete their registration for any number of reasons.

Mark