[ORRando] fender recommendation?

joshua franco650b at mac.com
Thu Sep 30 13:02:39 PDT 2010

Susan,
My recommendation would be to re-radius a Honjo 650b Fender.  The ISO
bead seat diameter (where the rim and tire meet) is much closer:  584
for 650b; 622 for 700c; and 571 for 650c.

Adjusting the radius for the fender wouldn't be a big deal, but it
does require some care and patience so as not to damage the fender.

All of the above assumes, of course, that you have the ability to use
your bikes braze-ons.  There are work-arounds if fender eyelets
aren't available at the stays.

My preference for Honjos are they offer better protection than SKS
type fenders.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Joshua Bryant

Joshua Bryant