[ORRando] Bike Computer Suggestions

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:24:02 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:03, Lesli Larson <lesli.larson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm adding a "me too" to the cyclometer search question.  I wouldn't mind
> going wireless but I've heard that the son 20r generator hub cause some
> interference with some wireless units.

so it says on peter white's page, but i've never experienced that, and
i use a son hub and a wireless computer.  however, the computer and
the sensor are both pretty far away from the hub, being as it goes on
the back wheel (& chainstay for cadence).

i have had a crappy wireless computer that was billed as being
back-wheel compatible but wasn't even stable on the front wheel (and
totally nonfunctional on the back), even on the bike without a
generator hub.  fortunately nashbar took the return with aplomb and i
paid for a name brand and now i'm happy and fine.

also, my wired cateye handles fairly infinite ride time.  i never
reset it during a 4,500 mile tour and it certainly didn't reset itself
during.  twas interesting to know that the highest speed i went for
the entire time was 48.9mph (glacier national park, IIRC).
unfortunately i forgot to check the "average" speed to get a better
idea of how fast i actually went on average for an entire summer,
before i had to reset it to km for a cue sheet that didn't have mile
listings.