[ORRando] Fender Recommendation

Brad Hawkins hawkskins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 15:57:34 PDT 2010

That Sweetpea bike has really tight clearances so I would recommend Fender
Brackets aka "Reacharounds"
http://rivercitybicycles.com/product/reacharound-fender-brackets-737.htm
so that things will clear. Also, just for aesthetic purposes and if I were
doing fenders for such a lovely bike, I would go metal and then have them
painted or better, powder coated, to match the frame. Skinny 650b fenders
will have the same arc and much closer than 700. I don't know if there is
such a thing as a skinny 559 fender. Life is too short for just black or
silver!

I have SKS fenders and have to say that the spray from the supplied bracket
stays really kicks the water onto one's shoes. The rivet needs to be drilled
out on the front fender and repositioned on the outside to slow down that
tendency.

Brad Hawkins