[ORRando] fork question

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:31:10 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:56, William Alsup <billalsup at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Any of you with steel rando bikes run carbon forks?

my last lemond poprad ('08, rim brakes) was steel frame/carbon fork
and the ride was great.  it's a cross bike and i rode it like one,
down stairs, up curbs, offroad occasionally (though nothing technical)
and it held up just fine.  it was the stock, bontrager fork for that
bike, and had mounts near the dropout for a front rack (which i never
used).

my new-to-me-but-older-to-the-world '03 poprad has an aluminum fork
instead, and the ride is not quite as awesome on washboards and for
instance over the bumps on the eastside esplanade ramps.  haven't had
time/serious inclination to upgrade it yet, tho.