[ORRando] FS: Bike Friday Air Glide

Susan Otcenas susan at teamestrogen.com
Mon Jul 19 17:53:41 PDT 2010

Due to the recent acquisition of a Sweetpea with S&S couplers
http://sweetpeabicycles.com/ <http://sweetpeabicycles.com/>  , I am
selling my Bike Friday Air Glide. Here's a link to BF's page about the
Air Glide http://www.bikefriday.com/airglide
<http://www.bikefriday.com/airglide>

My Air Glide has drop bars, STI shifters, and an internal 3-speed hub in
lieu of a front triple (no front chain rings to clean, and no front
derailler to get thrown out of whack in shipping. Plus, you can shift at
a stand still.)  It's a gorgeous metallic raspberry color. I am 5'4" and
ride regular bikes that are 49cm or 50cm.

The bike has seen only moderate use. I've travelled with it a few times.
I also used it to bike commute for about 6 months, but then bought a
dedicated commuter. The bike comes with all the accessories - rack,
fenders, travel case, etc. Because of some neck issues I have, BF also
made me a special stem that is adjustable in height via a quick release
lever. Should make fitting someone to this bike even easier.

I should probably also mention how adjustable this bike is to people of
different sizes. The beam can be slid out a couple of inches to fit
someone with longer femurs, or can be cut down (I have it most of the
way in) to suit someone smaller than me (I'm 5'4 with short legs). The
seatpost has lots of give either way. And again, I have an adjustable
height stem on there due to my neck issues.

Photo at :
http://www.teamestrogen.com/template-resources/images/adventures/IMG_021
2.jpg
<http://www.teamestrogen.com/template-resources/images/adventures/IMG_02
12.jpg>    Mine is the raspberry one.

Total cost to me was over $3000. I'd like $2000 for it. Comes with all
the goodies - fenders (I think I own two sets, actually), folding rack
that packs into the suitcase with the bike, the suitcase, etc. Plus all
the felted packing materials, etc. I've also got some spare tubes, a
spare tire, etc.

If you are interested, I have a .pdf with the complete specs that I can
email to you.

Thanks!

Susan

Susan Otcenas