[ORRando] Looking for Volunteers for the OBM 1000k

John Kramer jckramer at gorge.net
Mon Jan 18 20:00:13 PST 2010

I am looking for several people (with vehicles) who are interested in volunteering to help setup and staff controls and overnight controls for the OBM1000k on Saturday June 12th through Tuesday June 15th. The route will most likely start in The Dalles and go though Condon, Heppner, Pilot Rock, Weston, Elgin, Joseph, Halfway, Baker City, John Day and end in Condon.

The brevet will cover expenses for gasoline, hotel rooms and supplies. I currently have Dave Read and myself for staffing the event and Paul Whitney to help out in the Pilot Rock and Weston area. If you are interested or know of someone who might be, please send me a note at your convenience.

Also, the preride is scheduled for May 29th with Eric Ahlvin and myself providing support. If your interested in riding the route for ACP credit on May 29th let me know. We need a group of riders to make the preride feasible. The preride consists of the 1000k and a 200k to get from Condon back to the start location at the Dalles. This is a very challenging route. You'll need to be physically prepared.

John Kramer
jckramer at gorge.net