[ORRando] Fw: Willamette NF Press Release - Tuesday, Aug 24, 7pm update on Scott Mtn Fire

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:15:59 PDT 2010

I'm aware of the fire near McKenzie Pass.  The ride will continue as
scheduled.  I have come up with an alternate route that we'll use if
necessary, and I'll check with the forest service tomorrow to see if the
conditions warrant the re-route.  If there's any potential danger to riders
at all I will use the alternate, which has 98% of the awesomeness of the
original.  I'll send out an announcement (and potentially a cue sheet for
the alternate route) tomorrow night.  Ride will still start and finish in
Lebanon, and still overnight at Camp Yale.

-Michael