[ORRando] The Truth about the Oregon XTR 600

david.readytoride at gmail.com david.readytoride at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:42:05 PDT 2009

To all that have been waiting for The Dude to cave, it is clear it isn'tt
going to happen. If we're going to complete our SR Series this spring in
Oregon, we're going to have to do it on the Oregon XTR.

Some of us are worried, because we know The Dude's brevets are known to be
adventurous. The capper on his 2007 series was called "The Big Lebowski," a
600K that The Dude staged without a pre-ride, or so the legend goes.
Whatever - the Blue Shirts scoffed at The Dude - and they drove south and
they had their way with The Big Lebowski ... on their single speeds. Take
that, Dude.

Perhaps that is why The Dude has spoken up, but not out, about The Oregon
XTR. He posted just last night. And you can read his words of enlightenment
here: http://randobiker.blogspot.com/2009/05/dear-randobiker.html.

Personally, I don't know what to believe. So I'm going to go out there and
pre-ride this "XTR" with Eric Ahlvin and Dave Read. It's probably the only
way to get The Truth about this ride. God knows The Dude will never give it
to us straight. That would take the mystery out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDVz3jzyjQ&feature=related

dr