[ORRando] OrRando 2009 Jerseys

b hamon periwinklekog at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 21:29:40 PST 2009

Hi Campers:

Good news! The Jerseys have arrived.

They are VERY nicely made. The quality of the knitting and embroidery is obvious as soon as you pull the jersey out of the bag and slip it on. (I am wearing mine as I type this and even pre-washing it's soft and cozy.)

I have sorted the jerseys using the notes you sent with payment (I told you these would help and they definitely did -- THANK YOU for sending these).

1. Those of you who have made arrangements to pick up the jersey in Portland:

I am not able to deliver any jerseys at OrRando events, as I do not own a car and do not plan to ride any early spring events this year. For the record, there were a total of 44 jerseys ordered this go-around.

If you arranged for local pickup in Portland, you have two options:

a. You may ask someone else who arranged for local pickup to get yours as well (in which case you MUST email me and let me know in advance). Those of you who made advance arrangements at time of order should expect whomever you indicated to collect your jersey and deliver them to you.

b. If you are picking up your own jersey, please email me individually to arrange your own day and time of pickup. Please remember that (a) I have a job; (b) I am NEVER available from 4 pm Friday through sundown Saturday any weekend; and (c) I volunteered to do this. I am grateful for your patience and understanding.

2. If you arranged to have me ship your jersey to you:

Those jerseys will be sent out first thing Monday morning, which is the next time I will be at work to do this. If your jerseys are being shipped as part of a lot (as is the case for a group in Seattle and a couple of folks back east), the jerseys will be shipped in one box with each person's note taped to a jersey. It will be up to the indicated addressee to distribute those jerseys.

This has been quite a large job. If there is interest to do it again in the future I will happily pass along the info to someone else, but at this point I don't plan to take this project on again anytime soon.

Last note: the jerseys are 100 % Merino Wool. Aas such they must be hand-washed, or machine washed on GENTLE cycle with a soft, wool-friendly detergent (Ivory Snow flakes work well, as does Kookaburra Wool Wash. Woolite works, though less well; my other Woolistic jersey did not hold up as well with Woolite).

IMPORTANT: DO NOT put the jersey in the dryer or it will fit your preschool-age child when it's done! LINE or FLAT dry away from a heat source (i.e., don't hang it next to the heating vent.) I know this sounds obvious but if you're a first-time wool jersey owner it's good to know this stuff.

I think you'll like the jerseys.
Cheers --Beth Hamon

http://veloquent.blogspot.com