[ORRando] Mt Hood area road conditions?

Dan Silvernail dansilvernail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:20:26 PDT 2009

Got a couple of questions for you all, regarding road conditions around Mt
Hood.

The reason I ask is that next Tuesday I am doing a similar ride to the
Barlow Trail 300, but instead of starting in Sandy, I am starting in West
Linn and I will be cutting off the Maupin section. (basically, W-Linn, OR
City, Sandy, G' Camp, T-Lake, 224 to Estacada, on home)

Anyway, the first question is about road 5810 that comes off of road 57.  Is
it paved?  I ask because I will be descending and I don't really want to
descend on gravel.

Second question:  have any of you ridden on roads 29, 31, 35 and Kiwanis
Camp?  They parallel Hwy 26.  I don't really mind riding Hwy 26 but if I can
take some alternate roads it would be a nice change of scenery.

Much to my chagrin (I think), West Leg road to Timberline is closed.  (just
FYI)

Thanks in advance,

Dan