[ORRando] Re 600 XTR Ride Report

Vincent Sikorski vsikorski at bendbroadband.com
Mon Jun 8 20:57:06 PDT 2009

I really do not have much to add to the extensive write-ups already
provided. It was HOT!, I set a P.R. for river dives. Really not deep
enough to dive, but I only removed my hemet and any food in my jersey
pocked. Would walk into the river (shoes on) and would lie down in the
water until sufficiently cooled. Three dunks in the John Day river.
One in the small stream on the left side of HWY-26 shortly after
turning right on it.  Once in the Deschutes River (Coldest and
shortest dunk), and once in Eight Mile Creek (along Eight Mile road
approaching The Dalles).  For extra credit, I also lied on the ground
under the open faucet at Cant Ranch (that was also very cold) and took
a quick spray from Michael Wolfe at the hose outside of the store in
Mitchel.

These dunks really brought down body core temperature. I would feel
great for the next 5 miles or so afterwards. In the dry Central Oregon
climate, I dried out (too) fast.

Vince Sikorski