[ORRando] New Permanents

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:19:34 PDT 2009

Hello fellow Oregon Randos,

Some news:

2 of my 3 proposed permanents have been approved, the UGB 200k and the
Columbia Foothills 205k.  A third, the Mt. Hood 217k is pending and should
be ready to go soon.  For more information on these rides, you can go to my
blog and see them here:
http://escapevelocipede.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-perms.html

Sam Huffman and I did a pre-ride of the Columbia Foothills 205 a few weeks
ago and came up with some questions and answers for the information
controls.  I have not ridden the whole UGB 200 yet (I've ridden 90% of it in
the course of different rides), and as I don't intend to ride to Glacier,
I'm going to do the inaugural ride of this route on Sunday, thus continuing
my R-12 asipirations.  I would love to have company for the ride, which,
contrary to my reputation as a route designer, is rather flat -- there are
hilly sections from Fischer's Mill up the Hogsback near the Clackamas River,
and we go up Old Cornelius pass, but other than that, it's gently rolling or
dead flat.  I plan to start from the east end of the Hawthorne Bridge at 8
AM, we can get our cards stamped at nearby Cooper's Coffee.  The fee for the
route is $5, and obviously only RUSA members get "credit".  Let me know if
you're coming so I can bring brevet cards, cue sheets, and waivers.

Thanks!

-Michael