[ORRando] Barlow Trail 300 Pre-Ride

Bill Gobie bill at billandlorene.com
Mon Jul 20 19:56:07 PDT 2009

Maupin ... Maupin ... Maupin ... Maupin....  I have a hazy
recollection of such a place.  Heat haze, that is.  The 40-mph
downhill run into town was strangely lacking in cooling effect.  And
then the climb out ... whoof!  The river is pretty.

I highly recommend a cooling scarf:

http://www.rei.com/product/691097

Saved my bacon.  Or kept me from turning into fried bacon, at least.

Sounds like a great ride.  I'd be there, but I have to ride a 200k
brevet for an SR.  Rules are rules.

Bill Gobie