[ORRando] auto break in alert

Kevin kevin97116 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 13:37:26 PDT 2009

Just a heads up.  A few of us rode from Cornelius Pass Roadhouse last evening,  We left at 6:15 back by 8.  23 miles, 1700 ft, a good workout for a short ride.

However the fun ended when we returned to CPR.  My vehicle had been broken into (2 windows, $1400 glass damage) and my bike duffel bag and laptop where stolen.  Both were intentionally obscured from view by my coat and street clothes.

Of course there is a lot more to the story, but what I want to leave you with is that the police tell me that they respond to 3-5 calls a week to the CPR lot.  Seems that the shrubbery that gives a nice secluded feel to the property provides cover for miscreants.

Don't leave anything of value in your vehicle when riding from there.  The police suggested to me that in the future I park in the Fred Meyer lot across the street, very few issues there they say...  more open, more lighting.

In the meantime, if anyone hears or sees anything about a Gateway laptop and/or a black duffel full of medium sized jerseys, pants, shorts, etc (including a Race Across Oregon finishers jersey) please let me know.  Also in the duffel were my two helmet cams, a Tony Hawk and an Oregon Scientific ATC2K.

Good karma and monetary considerations find my stuff

Thanks,
Kevin Van Dyke

What is happening in Kevin's corner of the bike world?

http://the-whir-of-spokes-in-air.blogspot.com