[ORRando] Three Capes

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 11:06:56 PDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who braved a pessimistic weather forecast to come out for our Three Capes 300 - as it turned out, the weather cooperated and folks got only a little wet out at the coast - nothing like the Birkie Monsoon, that's for sure.

60 riders total started (including three pre-riders), 55 finished.

Our first riders finished in 10 hours and 48 minutes; our last riders (both rding fixed-gear bikes) completed the course in 19 hours and 52 minutes.   Many riders set personal best times for the course (and for any 300, for some).

Quote of the day goes to Michael "Shrinking Violet" Wolfe, who proclaimed himself a "Sexy, Shoeless God of War," as he stormed into the final control.   He later conceded that he was, in fact, wearing shoes.

Some pictures here, from my limited view of the event:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cecilanne_r-s/sets/72157616540533241/

See you on the road,

Cecil