[ORRando] 3, 900km and Counting - Dynamo Rookie Jennifer Chang - Votes for Eric Vigoren!

Peter D. Beeson II PeterTwo at SeattleInsuranceAgency.com
Tue Sep 30 08:10:06 PDT 2008

Dear Rando Riders:

Jennifer Chang debuted as a rando rider in 2008 -- she quickly made her mark
as a determined, tenacious rider.  Many of you have met Jennifer - a quick
smile and her wheels spin up -- she often enjoys gps navigation and on one
occasion took the route less traveled (smile).  Please read Jennifer's
heartfelt endorsement of Eric Vigoren for RUSA Board and cast your ballot by
mail or by email for the two candidates of your choice (voting instructions
are at the end of this email).

This is the sixth written e-mail endorsement of Eric Vigoren: Michael
Rasmussen, Duane Wright, Peg Winczewski, Jeff  Tilden, single speed gods
Erik Andersen and Bob Brudvik and now Jennifer Chang.  Brought to you by the
"Campaign to Elect Eric Vigoren", '08 Campaign Manager Peter Beeson

  _____

By:
Jennifer Chang - '08 Rookie Randonneuse and Legendary RM1200 Rider
Endorses Eric Vigoren for RUSA Board
(byline penned by campaign manager Peter Beeson)

Eric is one of the first people that I met when I began randonneuring this
year.  I ought to provide my endorsement for Eric because I owe him one! (=

Last spring, I wobbled into a spring brevet on a rainy Saturday morning,
with a front wheel that would not roll.  I fell while getting off the ferry
and had bent the front wheel.  Eric and Maggie were the organizers who were
in charge of that brevet, and realizing that my bike was hurt, but I wasn't,
they came up with an action plan to get me rolling on my way.

Efficient Maggie borrowed someone else's (Eamon Stanley) car keys to drive
to her home and brought back a front wheel from her own bike, while Eric
finished up registering people and sent them on their way.  When Maggie
returned, Eric quickly switched out the front wheel of my bike with Maggie's
and made sure everything was in good condition and then sent me along my
way.

But that's not all!  Their responsibilities to me could have ended right
there, but it went beyond that.  Realizing that I didn't have a good
alternate lighting system, other than the dyno hub on my front wheel that I
could no longer use, they contacted RUSA president and borrowed his dyno-hub
wheel and then sent it to me at one of the control points.  I got the
control just when it was getting dark, feeling hopeless about my chance to
finish the brevet, when this wheel showed up with a bright Supernova light.

Here are the reasons why I'd give my vote to Eric anytime:

1.  He is friendly and encouraging and goes beyond the call of duty to help
a newbie out.

2.  He is quick-thinking and forward-thinking, as demonstrated by the way he
handled my broken wheel situation.

3.  He understands randonneuring, as can be seen in the way puts together
routes and organizes support for brevets.

4.  If a smart woman like Maggie thinks he's good enough for her, I'd say he
is good enough for RUSA.

Respectfully submitted,
Jennifer

  _____

Information about the candidates can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-candidates.pdf

The ballot can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-ballot.pdf

or one can vote by e-mail to

mdayton at nc.rr.com

with [RUSA] Board Election in the subject line.

  _____

Many thanks for your consideration of Eric Vigoren (SIR's Treasurer,
Volunteer Extraordinaire) and of Edward Robinson (a great rider from Texas,
heading up the national permanents program and would make a terrific
addition to the RUSA board as a representative from the Southwest).

Cheers

Peter II
'08 Campaign Manager for Eric Vigoren

Peter D. Beeson II